Monday 27 November 2017

Easy flour tortilla

If you like Tex-Mex recipes, you might also enjoy Easy Spanish Rice, Instant Pot Refried Beans, Creamy Jalapeño Enchiladas, or The Ultimate Homemade Taco Seasoning! I usually have to double this flour tortilla recipe because we go through them so quickly. The homemade tortillas are so tender and chewy, you’ll never use store-bought again after learning how to make tortillas. Kristin Van Dyken, West Richlan Washington.


They’re so soft, easy to make, and can be used for burritos, tacos, quesadillas, however you like!

Our family eats Mexican food quite regularly. In fact, I’m pretty sure that my family would. These really are the best ever homemade flour tortillas, no one can believe how easy and delicious they are!


This recipe has been a long time in coming, years actually. I’ve been trying out recipes for homemade flour tortillas for what seems like forever – but I’ve. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


Easy flour tortillas from scratch elevate tacos, enchiladas, burritos, and more.

Made in the stand mixer or by hand with just simple ingredients. I used only soft wheat pastry flour , so 1 whole wheat. I rolled it out between two sides of a ziplock bag. I did have to adjust the water since my flour is so much less dense than anything store bought.


Soft and tender, with just a little bit of chew, you can have these on the table in under an hour. Those easy flour tortillas are soft flour tortillas with just a little chew and made with only simple ingredients, no fat and no additives. So that is my secret, the quickest way to make flour tortillas is to simply mix white flour and luke warm water! No need to add baking powder, salt, yogurt or oil.


Once you get the hang of making these, you will never think twice about buying them again. This homemade soft flour tortilla recipe is easy to make and tastes so good. You don’t need many ingredients to make this tortilla recipe, it’s just plain flour , butter, salt, baking powder and water.


Just wrap your head around these recipes—they’re easy , fast to fix, and flat-out delicious. Ready to think beyond the burrito? And to continue with the taco theme, easy homemade flour tortillas.


In this video tutorial I show you how to make authentic mexican flour tortillas.

Thanks for watching my video on making a flour tortilla pizza. There are many other ways you can use these tortillas, as pizza bases, gyros, the possibilities are endless. Of all the recipes I share, my Grandma Mercie’s flour tortilla recipe is the one I hold closest to my heart. My grandma made the best Mexican food I’ve ever taste including homemade flour tortillas.


Add flour and water as needed to create a soft dough that will be easy to roll out. If you’re kneading the tortilla dough by han adjust the consistency of the dough as you knead with additional flour or water until you have a soft, smooth dough that clings slightly to the countertop but does not stick to. Tortilla dough is very forgiving. One reason that I consider these the best low carb paleo tortillas is how simple they are. I love coconut flour recipes that I can make on a whim using ingredients I have at home!


An the fact that they are super light is just a bonus. Only calories and gram net carbs each!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Popular Posts